The First Church of Christ, Scientist
Rebuilding a City Landmark - Boston, MA
Size: 14 acres
Completion: Anticipated Fall 2018
Redgate was engaged by The First Church of Christ, Scientist (TFCCS) to shepherd and manage the repair and restoration of its 14-acre plaza, a heavily utilized privately owned public space and iconic Boston landmark. Furthering the Church’s goals of increasing sustainability and making the plaza more welcoming, the 70,000 SF reflecting pool will be rebuilt with the installation of a 125,000-gallon storm water collection and infiltration system and the new design will break down some of the physical and visual barriers to open the space for reflection and contemplation for all. Reconstruction of the plaza will begin in the fall of 2016 and the plaza will reopen in the fall of 2018.
Redgate is providing the following services:
- Contract management and procurement of all major service providers;
- Master budget and schedule creation and management;
- Strategic support of Boston Redevelopment Authority and Boston Landmarks Commission public processes; and
- Day-to-day management of design and construction.
ARCHITECT: CRJA-IBA (landscape architect)
CONTRACTOR: Consigli Construction
ENGINEERS: DEW Water Architecture; Nitsch Engineering; JBB
- Project Management
- Planning & Permitting Strategy
- Strategic Advisory